Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:32 am 

Hi, just installed 8Start but I'm getting nowhere fast! BTW, I'm running WinXP Pro SP2. When I launch 8Start a get a small dark translucent box - if I click on the menu button the box changes to a smaller size. Actually what I'm seeing is exactly the same as the PNG image "Category000" in the 8start Launcher folder. I can hover the mouse over C (drive) and I get a box saying C: Free 50%. That's it - nothing else! I removed all the icons (except recycle bin) from the desktop and placed them into a desktop folder - next I reinstalled 8start - but still getting the same results??
Thanks for the help - Sparky

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:52 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sparky</i>
<br />Hi, just installed 8Start but I'm getting nowhere fast! BTW, I'm running WinXP Pro SP2. When I launch 8Start a get a small dark translucent box - if I click on the menu button the box changes to a smaller size. Actually what I'm seeing is exactly the same as the PNG image "Category000" in the 8start Launcher folder. I can hover the mouse over C (drive) and I get a box saying C: Free 50%. That's it - nothing else! I removed all the icons (except recycle bin) from the desktop and placed them into a desktop folder - next I reinstalled 8start - but still getting the same results??
Thanks for the help - Sparky
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Well, I just found the problem - I had my Screen DPI set too high was set to 120 DPI. So, now I'm able to get into the menu as expected! I'm posting this in case somebody else "out there" has same prob. Thanks - Sparky

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:56 am 

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help