Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:11 am 

I've loved 8start from the very start and use it almost exclusively for my many programs. So I'm interested in features shown in the screenshot for WMP 11 skin, such as calendar and weather. I downloaded and installed it OK, but I can't see how to add those features. In searching this forum for an answer, I also saw screenshots with buttons to turn off and restart. Forgive me for missing it, but where do I find info to add such features. Thank you in advance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:48 pm 

Fabio Longo has created some scripts he used to include the weather & calendar. I'm playing around with them at the moment but have yet to get them to work. No tutorial available so I'm a little in the dark as to exactly were the script file should be kept. Also, his his script needs editing for my particular folder layout.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:35 pm 

Right, I followed the thread to the script zip. I did as it said for the calendar but haven't yet been able to get it to show. I guess I'm in a race to get either 8start or Director Opus to be a do-it-all program. Otherwise I don't need a calendar and special stuff on a launcher. If either of us can accomplish the feat, let's write it down clearly step by step for a sticky.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:36 pm 

Right, I followed the thread to the script zip. I did as it said for the calendar but haven't yet been able to get it to show. I guess I'm in a race to get either 8start or Director Opus to be a do-it-all program. Otherwise I don't need a calendar and special stuff on a launcher. If either of us can accomplish the feat, let's write it down clearly step by step for a sticky.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:42 am 

OK, next weekend will try to create a small guide of my scripts. Do not expect the moon. I am not a programmer, all the information I have found on web; I am only an amateur, then I do not have a good knowledge of the English language.

For shutdown, restart, mute, monitor off and others I use NirCmd v2.00
the link is http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html
is a useful command line tool very special in particular for all 8start users.
First make the link, then put in some 8start category and assign an icon?? is all??:)

<hr noshade size="1">[url="http://mio.discoremoto.alice.it/fabio_longo"]My Public HD[/url] and my skins [url="http://www.skinbase.org/profile.php?uname=Fabio%20Longo&sinfo=skins"]
Image[/url]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:01 am 

Fabio, your artistry is magnified by your modesty. As far as 8start is concerned, you are a proven programmer with successful results, who I'm sure has no trouble explaining in your language. Perhaps we can help with the English version as we follow your steps. Thank you in advance for this extra effort.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:58 am 

Thanks Rusty Weller; script updated with a guide. Is all inside the "8start Script.zip"

Attention: currently the weather script is only for Italian users; in fact extract information from a web site that make weather prevision only for Italy.
Coming soon will try to make a guide to achieving one.

<hr noshade size="1">[url="http://mio.discoremoto.alice.it/fabio_longo"]My Public HD[/url] and my skins [url="http://www.skinbase.org/profile.php?uname=Fabio%20Longo&sinfo=skins"]
Image[/url]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:16 am 

Thx for the guides, but I'm not into programing, and I keep having the "Category or Group folder Error".....
I run 8Start as a portable launcher and manage to have all relatives paths ([Drive]\8start), every application works perfectly......exept the scripts.....So are relatives paths causing all my scripts troubles or its just me? lol

It would be nice to have a 8Start.zip (the poprtable version) with the scripts allready intergrated so those who dont understand scripts (like me and 90% of the population).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:05 am 

Ok, so, I got the scripts running, but I dont have the dates, only week numbers....did I miss something? Sorry for my english, I'm kinda french ;)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:05 pm 

lol, you know what happens when you wont accept defeat? .....you win ;) Problem solved

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:28 am 

In fact, I had to change my "default language" in XP to English, which kinda messed up other applications, is there a way to make the calendar script compatible with my french setting?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:41 am 

Do you refer the set of icons?
Use IT- (Italian); the initials of days are very similar to french.

Image[/url]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:23 am 

It does'nt work in Italian, I got the same thing I had (see picture above)I guess I'll have to go back to my Rainlendar, which could be very nice if it could be "intergraded" in 8Start ;) THX for the response Fabio

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help