Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:45 am 

I've just tried 8start and it works great except for one little problem: I can't use the notes-function. I can add a note but when I click on it afterwards (or when i click on the square next to icon/name while adding a new note) the program crashes and i get the error message "Run time error 429 ActiveX can't create object". It also creates several folders (Cache, Date, Setting, Setting2 and its subfolders) and a config file in the main directory of the drive where I've installed the program but without any information (the notes txt.files are added to the normal program folders, not the new ones).
I'm using winxp and a limited user account and that's probably why I'm getting the error message (tried and installed it normally under admin and everthing works fine there).
Is anyone else experiencing this problem or knows how to solve it?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:49 am 

I believe the problem is caused by the limited user account. 8start need to run RICHTX32.OCX for the notes feature, which may be block if you don't have admin right.
Try in dos prompt, in 8start folder, run the command regsvr32 richtx32.ocx.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:02 am 

When I try to run the command I get another error message (0x8002801c), right click and 'run as administrator' didn't work either (obviously it's more my computers fault than the programs :P) so I am just going to use the program without it, I didn't download the program because of it anyways ;) and everything else works fine without any problem.

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help