Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help

Post subject: V 1.9 problem - Error 13
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:30 am 

I recently updated from V 1.7 to V 1.9 of 8start. I have used it fine for some time on Windows XP but have just also upgraded to Windows 7. My original groups/icons all moved up to V1.9 OK – as far as I can see. When I added a new group (no 4) the application started to play up. I keep getting “Error 13 Data type mismatch”, the app closes/crashes and will only work again when I reboot AND reload from the down load file. Just rebooting brings up the same error when 8start tries to restart on Startup.

Any ideas to fix it?

Post subject: Re: V 1.9 problem - Error 13
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 pm 

Ooops - no one seems to have any ideas about how to fix this and having to re-install each time I reboot or come out of Hibernation, so I have had (reluctantly) to remove 8start and find an alternative that works with Win 7.

Hopefully this can be fixed sometime and I can return to the app that I like best. :cry:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:31 pm 

I recently updated from V 1.7 to V 1.9 of 8start. I have used it fine for some time on Windows XP but have just also upgraded to Windows 7. My original groups/icons all moved up to V1.9 OK – as far as I can see. When I added a new group (no 4) the application started to play up. I keep getting “Error 13 Data type mismatch”, the app closes/crashes and will only work again when I reboot AND reload from the down load file. Just rebooting brings up the same error when 8start tries to restart on Startup.

Any ideas to fix it?

Hi, so sorry for my late reply..

May I know the error occurred when your press the OK button when create group, or when click the 'Apply' button?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:36 pm 

Hi there,

next time you reboot, and before launching 8start, go to the folder where 8start has been installed, apparently at:
c:\program files\8start Launcher

there are some folders and files. particularly there is a folder: SETTING
double-click on it. Now You see the defined CATEGORIES.

Try remembering which CATEGORY you were working on when you got the 13 error.
double-click on it's name. DO this for the GROUP (which group you were working when...?)

Delete the shortcut that caused trouble.
close the windows explorer. now launch 8start

hope this helps,
cheers

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help