Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help

Post subject: Menu Gone
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:58 am 

Hello, I switched my # of icons per row to 2 and the menu disappeared. I see that others have had this problem before and solved it by removing the config file in the 8start folder and restarting their computers. This is not working for me. Does anyone else know what the problem could be.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Menu Gone
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:28 am 

I had the same problem. :cry: after increasing the number of icons, the menu is gone. and with it, all the icons in the folder created by 8start ... :x and I was asked to 8start, to move them.... Luckily, I had not emptied the trash ... :roll:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:37 am 

Please remove the config file and the 8start Launcher\Cache folder, then restart 8start, the menu will be recreated

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:06 pm 

I have the same problem. 8Start was working fine until I dropped my mouse on the floor. Everything in 8Start disappeared except the Category and Tree buttons at the bottom. I had spent several days customizing, and now everything is gone in an instant.
I tried the suggestions above - deleting Cache and config, then restarting. Now, 8Start won't start at all. I get an error which says:
Quote:
8Start Launcher 3.0 caused error "TypeMismatch" (13) in module frmMain procedure Form_Load line 992.

Anybody know how I can get all my buttons back. I sure don't want to spend several days re-customizing, only to lose everything again to an accidental mouse click.

Post subject: Re: Menu Gone - Anybody home?
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:54 pm 

Does anyone from 8Start monitor these forums? It looks like there hasn't been any activity since 2012. As this forum seems to be inactive, does anybody have any suggestions where to go for help?

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help