Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help

Post subject: Bad interactioin with Windows 7 or Fences or Dexpot??
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:07 am 

Well I tried to used 8Start Launcher after reading all the nice things about it.

However, after double clicking on the icon on my desktop, all I get is a solid dark brown rectangle on my screen with a lighter brown edge on the left and top. If I click on the rectangle, a window pops out saying "Tree". If I click on this, the pop up window disappears. Yesterday I clicked on rectangle repeatedly and got one or two menus showing slightly at the bottom of the rectangle. In trying to click on these, all the icons on my desktop disappeared except for Recycle Bin, Computer amd one or two others.

I'm using 64 bit Windows 7. My desktop uses Stardock Fences to group the desktop icons into frames. I have Dexpot loaded (Virtual desktop) which allows me to switch to other virtual desktops; I rarely use the other desktops -- perhaps every month or two when I need many windows open at the same time (copying between several folders on several drives).

So there's obviously some interaction somewhere that makes it impossible for me to use 8Start Launcher.

Bob Summers
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada

Post subject: Re: Bad interactioin with Windows 7 or Fences or Dexpot??
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:29 am 

Hi!

Stardock Icon Packager is a problem for 8start.
Since it is installed the most icons in 8start are white rectangles.
You have to unregister the shellextensions of IP.
Then you have back your icons but the IP-shellextension is gone

---
Iconpackager.bat
---
regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\Object Desktop\IconPackager\shellext.dll"
regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\Object Desktop\IconPackager\shellext64.dll"
---

Greetings Tom

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help