Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help

Post subject: 'Invalid property value' (380)
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:22 pm 

Windows Vista Home Premium, SP2, 64Bit
NVidia GeForce 9400 GT (4GB RAM)

I just stumbled on your application, 8Start. It is EXACTLY what I am looking for. Just beautiful and the type of GUI I really like. However, I got a snag adding my desktop icon. It feels it is 'full', it can't take any more icons.

I read the post by BG12, “Runtime error 380”, posted Fri July 17, 2009 ( http://www.8start.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38&p=106&hilit=%27Invalid+property+value%27#p106 ), applied it but it did not solve my error issue.

I have added about 95% of my desktop icons and can’t add anymore. I get the error "8start Launcher 3.0 caused error 'Invalid property value' (380) in module frmMain procedure Form_Load, line 1808".

When I request to delete the icon from the desktop, it deletes and still will not place it in the 8Starter GUI, then I get the error. The line number depends on where I am placing the icon. I tried different icons, same error.

When done adding 72 icons, only two will launch. When I click on them, nothing happens.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: 'Invalid property value' (380)
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:10 pm 

Hi, glad to know you like 8start Launcher

see if this article can help
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=425

8start Launcher support multiple category, you can create more category to add in more icons.

Hope this help :)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:10 am 

Thanks for your quick reply!

Unfortunately, the link you sent me is for Windows 7, and not Vista. I went to my Windows 7 computer, and it has the "Display" section on it. On my Vista machine, where I would like to use the 8Start, in the "Help & Support" section, I did a search for "100%", "smaller", but could not find any link. It looks am screwed with Vista to use 8Start. Very disappointed - after finding EXACTLY what I would REALLY love to use (8Start).

Please if there is anything you would suggest, PLEASE let me know. Thanks again for your time.

Caxtin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:34 am 

I have checked the code, the error is regarding the height of 8start, is that any problem if the 8start only have few icons?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:23 am 

Currently, I have 72 icons. Sure I can live with less than that if it will work. Just curious, can't 8Start stretch horizontally? With respect to height, please see the attached file. ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/28326772@N07/5961421659/ ) I still have some space left in some groups.

I wanted to delete 'Group 4' but it kept giving me same error. Same error when I need to delete any icon (to shorten the GUI). Guess the solution will be to completely remove 8Start and start all over again - that will be recreating all the already removed application icons.

Thanks again.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:59 pm 

Think the problem caused by too many icons in a category.

Open 8start Launcher\setting folder to delete some icons

Then delete 8start Launcher\cache folder, all icons will be rebuilt

Hope after the rebuild, 8start can be run without problem.

:)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:02 pm 

Thanks for the information.

However, I have reverted to my previous state. I have "Try And Decide" where I had saved an earlier system state. I reverted to the state before installing 8Start, then re-installed 8Start. I should have tried your suggestion in your last post. Later in the afternoon, I will re-do your application and will keep you in touch.

Thanks

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:14 am 

I am getting this error too. I only have the General Category with 8 Groups in it. All Buttons are 3xList and 4-Wide. The max number of 3xList icons in any one group is 12, 2 columns of 6.

Gene

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help