Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:49 am 

Hi
I am attempting to run 8start Launcher 1.4 (December 2006) on a Windows 2000 Pro platform. I get as far as loading some icons into the interface when it closes with a "Runtime error '6' overflow" message and it stops working.
Any attempt to restart just presents me with the same message - can you help me to overcome this problem?
Incidentally I am setting the transparency gdiplus.dll after I install the 8start launcher.
Any assistance would be welcome, thank you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:36 am 

Hey Chooper
Why are you wasting my time with poker links? I have no interest whatsoever in that game and really want to find a solution to the problem I outlined, any serious replies would be welcomed, from anyone - thank you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:09 am 

I have read on web ([url="http://www.dbforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1005009.html"]like here[/url]) that depend on the type of variable used in visual basic (5 and 6) for making the calculations. I'm not expert!!!

[url="http://mio.discoremoto.alice.it/fabio_longo"]My Public HD[/url]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:59 am 

I have taken a look at the reference you gave but I have to admit to still being puzzled. The implication is that 8start cannot handle too many icons and all I can do is to limit the programs and applications I attempt to access through 8start.
Since this error message arrives when I am still setting up the 8start interface it would appear that this is indeed the case and so all I can do is to request that Andy makes the interface able to accept a much larger number of icons when he next creates an update. In the mean time I shall just have to limit what I load into the interface.
Thanks for your help.
If anyone else can offer anything further I would be pleased.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:11 pm 

Guys, I'm new here, but kudos to the author. My problem just about the same. Everything was perfect until I wanted to change the skin, "Runtime error 53", now what the heck is that!:x
The program shutdown and can't be open anymore. I have to reinstalled 8start again and configure it again. The funny part was 8start reacted to the preloaded skins but not to the new ones.:)
For infos, I'm on WinXP Home, service pack 2.:|

Guys, please help!
p/s: Vista skin looks great!:D

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help