Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:51 am 

I have run into what appears to be a software conflict between 8start and Bentley Microstation XM Edition. If I have 8start running while trying to use Microstation it causes my mouse movements in Microstation to become extremely laggy and the cursor will trail behind my mouse movements. If I shutdown 8Start the speed problem immediately goes away.

Of course Bentley just says we don't support the 8start software and won't do any investigation into the issue on their side.

I'm not sure if you care enough to pursue it yourself, but in case you do here is a link to the software that I am referring to:
http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Products/M ... n/Main.htm

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:42 pm 

May I know if you hide 8start Launcher, the same laggy behaviors still happen when you run he Microstation?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:11 pm 

Yes, even when I hide 8start the problem still occurs. As long as the 8start icon appears in the system tray the problem will still occur. I have to completely shutdown the program or else the problem still occurs.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:35 pm 

Some component may conflict with the Microstation.
I was facing the problem that 8start run slowly when I move it. After I update the graphic card driver, it run fast.
or maybe the display card memory is not enough to run both 8start and Microstation.
Those are all the possibility which I suspect, hope it can be some clue for you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:51 am 

Your suggestion was correct. I downloaded an updated ATI driver for my video card and the problem was suddenly resolved.

Thanks a lot for your help with this. I have to say I really do like the 8start program. It is a really nice way of organizing your commonly used programs and a lot faster than going through the Windows start menu.

Board index » 8start Launcher » Need Help