Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Suggestions

Post subject: Dock It & Start Hidden
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:58 am 

I would like to have the ability to have 8Start show up in the same spot on the screen, whenever I call it up, instead of wherever my mouse pointer is. I do not even use my mouse to call it up anyway. I use a keyboard combo and have the mouse "call up" feature disabled. So I would like to have the option to "dock it". I know, bad word here, right? :)

Also, I would like to have it start up without popping up onto the screen. I don't know anything about scripts, so I'm not looking to program something. I just feel that a lot of users would like this, because even with 8Start, we do still keep our most commonly used programs in the "Quick Launch Bar" and it should be able to have a check box in the settings screen to have it start minimized.

Thanks! :)

Post subject: Re: Dock It & Start Hidden
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:38 pm 

Start Hidden or Minimized at startup is a problem that Andy knows, and has already tried to solve.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110&start=0&hilit=limitation

This is the reason I use a script to solve problems that I consider indispensable for my use.
Then, if it can be useful for other good. :)

Post subject: Re: Dock It & Start Hidden
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:53 pm 

Fabio Longo wrote:
Start Hidden or Minimized at startup is a problem that Andy knows, and has already tried to solve.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110&start=0&hilit=limitation

This is the reason I use a script to solve problems that I consider indispensable for my use.
Then, if it can be useful for other good. :)

I'm not a programmer and so, confess my ignorance, but I don't understand why it can't be done. Maybe with a /min argument or something?

Board index » 8start Launcher » Suggestions