Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Suggestions

Post subject: Tab Order on Shortcut screens
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:32 pm 

A very simple 'quick fix' for the New and Edit Shortcut screens.

Can the TAB Order be arranged sequentially? At the moment, as you tab through each of the fields the order is not sequential and you are jumping around a bit. It's a simple thing to sort out and it would make that screen much nicer / easier to use.

Post subject: Re: Tab Order on Shortcut screens
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:38 pm 

Yes, is a very simple 'quick fix', will fix it in next version. :-)

Post subject: Re: Tab Order on Shortcut screens
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:02 am 

Hi Andy, glad you didn't mind the positive feedback! The shortcut screens are quick to complete - but they would be quicker if the TAB order follows on from field to field. Will look forward to the next release.

I'm new to 8Start and this forum, so expect positive / constructive observations. I've been using portableapps and installed apps for quite a few years now. Until lately, my preferred launcher was Executor (that was better than all the rest). Then yesterday, I just happened upon 8Start. I took the time to give it a second glance and I am glad I did! It's brilliant. If there's anything else I notice, I'll feedback accordingly.

OK, I can see why some think that it is complicated to set up - but actually it's not that complicated at all. I would have continued using Excecutor because it was supposedly truly portable - but alas, I tested it yesterday and it did make entries in the registry. So, that went (after a year of use). 8Start is now my main launcher and I'm happy that it is truly portable. Well done and many thanks.

Board index » 8start Launcher » Suggestions