Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Suggestions

Post subject: 4 requests-Fix, buttons on top, unused space, keyboard use
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:55 am 

Hi,
I was happy to find this application. It really works great and suits my needs. I do not have much expectations except that I use it to reduce desktop icons to nil and add all shortcuts of applications here and use this for starting applications. I am using it in windows7. Except that it gave some debugging kinda error adding trees I did not notice any much error with installation and my required functions. Few expections of mine are as below:

1. Please do something to have the application be fixed to a user selected position; however, by doing so please do not make it accessible on desktop screen only. My main interest on this is that even when am using any full screen application it is possible to ust use my keyboard shortcut and open any application i want to instead of going to desktop screen, looking for wat i want and then open it up; so that is about my first request.

2. The menu button, webpage link and the hide button could be placed on top of the window. The option of adding user's name on top would be a wonderful idea too...so the top of window will have (my name) - (ur weblink) - (Menu-changing this to name as 'options' would be more appropriate i feel) and last at end (hide)

3. One thing i noticed here is i added a group of application shortcuts into a group named applications. Later I removed one of it. I then noticed that though the application is removed from the list, but the space of it still exists.

4. Finally, keyboard shortcut was a good idea. Please expand this keyboard use a little further if not though we use keyboard shortcut, we then have to use the mouse too. However, I have a different idea here. Once on main screen, let the main screen show only the grouplist. and let the up and down on keyboard let us move through selection in group. Once selected, if right arrow is clicked, the contents within that group must get visible, and again, using up and down arrows should be able to select the correct application/shortcut and must show highlighted; and when clicked enter, must open the appplication. Suppose the selection is on a group menu, and clicking left should close the contents view of it and show the mainscreen having only the group lists seen. I hope u could get wat am asking for. If any question on it, please do let me know, will add some images and explain it. Thank you for ur wonderful application.

Board index » 8start Launcher » Suggestions