Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » 8start Launcher » Suggestions

Post subject: A few requests
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:57 am 

Hi there, after some initial problems which were down to DPI issues, I eventually got the launcher up and running. I really think it has great potential, but it does not feel very responsive....
And something which occurs on my system , which is Vista 64 bit Ultimate, is that the program descriptions only occur very very fleetingly when I hover the mouse over the icons, and this makes it difficult to identify them. If it were not for that, this launcher would be the answer to finally organizing my software and being able to access it quickly, so thank you for all your efforts in creating this launcher!
The other thing, which I think someone else has already mentioned is the large amount of empty space between the top row of menus and the bottom. This makes the launcher dangerously close to obscuring the menu buttons on a standard laptop screen :(.
Another thing I would really like to see implemented would be a freely re-sizable window. I appreciate that it can be sized, but not as intuitively as I would have liked.
Another thing I would really find useful would be the inclusion of icon selection animation, so that one could see an effect upon clicking a program button, perhaps making it slightly larger. This has of course been implemented in loaders such as Object Bar, and I have no idea how feasible this might be for your design, but it would add some eye candy where it would be really useful.
One other thing I would really like to see implemented would be drag and drop directly onto the launcher itself, rather than within a folder. This is where Object Bar scores, despite its limitations. Hope these suggestions will be of interest.

David

Post subject: Re: A few requests
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:30 am 

I have same problem with the description displaying

Board index » 8start Launcher » Suggestions