Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » Nice Sharing » Freeware

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:06 am 

I know Andy is a fan of the Gimp for image editing which I've tried and found powerful but confusing. The only non freeware on my computer is PaintShopPro which I've used for years but I've recently started using Paint.net which is free, simple and can do about90% of what Photoshop, pspro or the Gimp can. Check it out at: http://www.getpaint.net

if you have n't got the .Net framework installed its a largish download, but the site has versions with or without.
There are also a good and growing collection of plugins on the forums.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:38 am 

Thanks snowshifter for the information, I just visited getpaint site, the GUI looked immpressive and easy to use, and got the layer feature.

Yes, Gimp take some time to get use as the GUI is not so easy to use. It take me quite some time to learn it before I use on it.

There is a modification of GIMP, it worked like Photoshop. You can give it a try also.

I haven't try both getpaint and gimpshop, base on the screenshot, I believe getpaint is more easy to use. :)

Just another choice for you. Thanks for the freeware contributors, now we hava a lot of choice of professional freeware.

http://www.gimpshop.net/

"GIMPshop is a modification of the free/open source GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP), intended to replicate the feel of Adobe Photoshop. Its primary purpose is to make users of Photoshop feel comfortable using GIMP.

It shares all GIMP's advantages, including the long feature list and customisability, while addressing some common criticisms regarding the program's interface: GIMPshop modifies the menu structure to closely match Photoshop's, adjusts the program's terminology to match Adobe's, and, in the Windows version, uses a plugin called 'Deweirdifier' to combine the application's numerous windows in a similar manner to the MDI system used by most Windows graphics packages. While GIMPshop does not support Photoshop plugins, all GIMP's own plugins, filters, brushes, etc. remain available.

Due to the changes to the interface, many Photoshop tutorials can be followed in GIMPshop unchanged, and most others can be adapted for GIMPshop users with minimal effort. "

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:47 pm 

I have been using Irfan View for a few years now.

Fast Stone has made Image Viewer, Image Resizer and Image capture programs, which are available in portable versions as well.

http://www.faststone.org/

Life is a journey, where are you going?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:58 pm 

I like to use both Irfan and Fast Stone, but those software can use only at home, so I can't use it at my working place.
Anybody know a good image viewer which is free and not limited to home use?

Board index » Nice Sharing » Freeware